Sunday, December 23, 2007

Decorative painting

I still love Decorative Painting, (also known as Tole Painting), and the challenge of turning something past it's prime, a discarded piece of furniture or other object, into a useful and beautiful accessory for my home. I found the following article about decorative painting and other trends interesting:

"Craft Trends Reflect Timeless Truths By Lin Wellford I heard it again today. Someone was bemoaning the declining state of the Decorative Painting market. Once known as Tole Painting, the definition was broadened to include any kind of art that could be broken down into teachable steps. Decorative painting was a hot trend not so long ago, generating tons of books and magazines and claiming loads of shelf space in the big box stores. As a reformed fine artist, I love the idea of providing ordinary people with the tools and instructions that allow them to create paintings they can be proud of. more...

No comments: